I am an assistant professor at Istanbul Technical University, department of Aeronautical Engineering. I am also affiliated with Aerospace Research Center at ITU. I received my Ph.D. degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics. During my time at MIT I was a research assistant at the Aerospace Controls Lab and Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems.
My primary research interests are:
- Machine Learning and Data Driven Optimization
- Autonomous Multiagent Systems
- High Accuracy Guidance, Navigation and Control
I am a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow. As part of my reintegration project, I am working on applications of Deep Learning algorithms to autonomous systems, in particular to unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and self-driving cars.
I frequently collaborate with industry on research and product development projects. In particular, me and my group work closely with several companies for developing innovative artificial intelligence solutions for business and transportation problems. We also work with defense companies for developing high accuracy guidance, navigation and control systems for aircraft and spacecraft. You can see our partners and current projects at the projects page.
I also play bass for the instrumental prog death band Achroma Rising.
You can contact me at:
ure at itu dot edu dot tr (for academic inquires)
kemalure at gmail dot com (for non-academic stuff)
News and Updates
- 31/01/2018: Website went under a major revision. Group, projects and education pages are updated.
- 20/01/2018: Two research papers from our group (one on control of agile aircraft and another one on deep learning based fault tolerant control) got accepted to American Control Conference (ACC). See you at Wisconsin in June!
- 26/08/2017: Four research papers from our group on control of agile aircraft got accepted to AIAA SciTech Guidance Navigation and Control Conference. See you at Florida in January!